Christmas Eve
There can be a whirlwind of events beginning the morning of Christmas Eve and running strong until December 26th. Baking, visiting, wrapping and such have a way of cluttering the time. Thus, precious moments can be lost if one isn't careful.
I didn't want the 'noise' to clutter our time. So, we took it slow and easy.
No fuss
No stress
No worries
(or so we tried)
Christmas Eve we would be rejoicing at the birth and coming of Our Lord Jesus
We would be singing under the grace that He has come to save us from ourselves
We would be simple in our own family's need to be still;
reflecting in various ways on how how He has come to one day
die for US
We gave back a little to neighbors, bearing kitchen goodies and Christmas carols. Wishing them a blessed Christmas season
We had a lovely dinner
I didn't take any pictures during this time, I think I was just in the moment. It was so pretty with candles and flowers everywhere.
I just kept taking it all in :)
Then the time came to place Baby Jesus in his manger
Princess was given the special 'job' and didn't let anyone forget it
Then it was off to see Lucy, her cousins, and a few other talented youth sing Christmas carols for Fr. S right before the midnight Mass was to begin
We walked into our parish
It was still, the manger illuminated by lights drew every one's attention
The choir began to sing
and I heard the angels singing in Glory to God
for He has come down to be among us
We didn't get to stay for the midnight Mass
but instead returned the following morning to celebrate
still all beautiful
still so magical
Christmas has begun
The Word was made flesh, alleluia, alleluia!
And dwelt among us, alleluia, alleluia!

sounds like a lovely family Christmas. blessings to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for stopping by my blog and sharing with me! I loved reading through your blog a bit (and drooling over those tamales), and will be back when I'm not trying to get little boys into the bath. :o) You have a lovely family!
ReplyDeleteMaybe you sensed something about me in my comment on Elizabeth's blog, and her response - that I have had a recent Home coming. I look forward to the day when I can share about it openly on my own blog, but at least I can connect with like-minded homeschooling moms like you in this way. God bless you!