This is where I am. After a few years of saying it, I think I've arrived.
I'm HOME.
I mean this figuratively and physically too. We've been away a lot over the last month. There are several things I've missed for the lack of just being around. A cookie exchange link up came and went...I love cookie exchanges and I missed it.
But that's okay.
I was away spending time with family and getting cozy next to fires.
What I really mean by being HOME is that I feel more focused in my role as wife and mother. It isn't always a pretty site. No, but the effort to be a peace in my HOME is a constant now.
I wish I could say that my prayer life is perfect, that the kids lesson plans are updated, that each child is receiving exactly what they need at the moment they need it. I wish I could say that my house is as clean as I'd like it to be or that the clutter I tried to get rid of last year has stayed gone.
Nope. I can't say any of those things.
But, I can say that I look at each day with new eyes. I try to meet the needs of both husband and children on an hourly basis. I carve out prayer time, not always daily but I'm getting there. I am slowly getting to that clutter.
Yes! I am deconstructing my HOME. Every inch of it. It was the reason why we took all of Advent off from regular school work. My family needed time to just be still. To cook and read together. Watch silly movies, walk in the rain, visit lots of family....to breath.
Now I'm getting to the physical needs of my HOME. More on that later...
During all this there is the daily-hourly talks with Jesus. I am more grateful to God for His abundance love for me and what He has put forth in my life. I see Him in my children. I see Him in the love between my husband and I. I can see His hand on even the current struggles...here prayers are needed.
HOME is my word for 2011.
HOME is my focus.

what a lovely post Elizabeth -- a candid one and also one full of hope and contentment it seems. HOME -- what a perfectly wonderful word for 2011. sending prayers up for your struggles. things we all have in our own way.
ReplyDelete