O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Monday, December 20, 2010

My Daybook ~ for reflecting purposes

outside my window...

It's finally looking more like winter.  Our 80 degree weather has given into rain, storms, and the need for a sweater.  Hurray!!!

I am thinking...

...how incomplete I feel.  Why do I start off with energy as we get into Advent only to sloth off as we near the very thing we are preparing for. 

...how today I am feeling 'off'.  Off my game, Off my rocker perhaps.  Thinking of what I need to change to get back on focus.  Focusing on the time with my brood and allowing Jesus to take control...

...how I haven't done what was asked of me yet.

From the lessons plans...

We've taken Advent off from history and even math.  I needed the down time.  There is a lot of reading going on though, playing games, chores....knowing how to wash dishes correctly is a needed skill.

From the kitchen...

Currently I see the evidence of cookies and treats that are waiting to be mixed into a bowl.  I think tomorrow shall begin our baking marathon...not today.

I am wearing...

Jeans and a sweater.  I'm going to venture into the rain for a few last minute errands; for those handmade gifts my kids are supposed to be finishing. 

If I recall correctly it was their idea to do these added crafts.  Yet, the responsibility of completing them seems to have fallen to me.  Now, how did I allow that to happen?

I am creating...

... these little cuties
(idea from here)

for our tree.  They are taking longer than I expected to complete.  There are a few other crafts I'm in the middle of finishing.  Unfortunately, I have a broken needle w/o any replacements in the house to deal with.  Thus the added errand to Jo Ann's (or my SIL's since she just told me she has plenty to spare).

...a shopping/menu list for Christmas Eve

...a present for a new Godchild

I am reading...

... lots of picture books, the ending to The Neverending Story (I love the play in words from this book), and little tid bits of this and that.

I am hoping...

...to stay centered. 

...to keeping things simple and I have so I'm not sure why I feel so "off".  Well perhaps I do know...must get to Holy Hour....must....must.

I am hearing...

...Christmas music and the chattering of little girls who just got out of bath.

Around the house...

...well honestly I may need a cleaning lady soon.  There seems to be 'stuff' in every corner...yikes how does that happen?  Once I return, we are going to dive into our bi-monthly duty of downsizing and get rid of some of this stuff. 

I am going...

...to grab some needles, some craft sticks, and give myself a needed prayer time.

One of my favorite things....

...a little red headed girl who calls out for her 'mommy' in the most beautiful way.

...family time with the extended family

...the understanding and support between mothers

...the soft hand of my husband when he understands, without being told a thing!!!

I am praying for...

...a friend's son (and for her too!)

...lost loved ones

...a certain intention-flaw-seemingly never ending pain that I believe is the root to my uneasiness

A few plans for the rest of the week...

...baking, stitching, sewing, cooking, wrapping

...most importantly there is a date to be with Jesus prior to Christmas and confession tonight

A picture thought...

the silliness of these two...one must be ready for them, thus the cup of coffee at my side :)

A blessed last week of Advent to you and yours!

1 comment:

  1. Advent can come upon me in full force all of a sudden and tho I think I'm prepared, I see that days fly by and wonder whether I'll accomplish all that I prepared and planned to accomplish. At the end of the days I see so much left undone. But each new day, we offer our day to the will of Our Lord, and find happiness in what we do accomplish. sigh.... I remind myself it's about the preparation, not about the doing. a lovely pic of your girlies. you can kind of see their personalities in the picture.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady