He is here at St. Michael's Abbey, probably having the best time EVER, with boys of his own age. Swimming, hiking, playing lots of sports, and not thinking of his momma at all.
Honestly, I hope he isn't thinking of us too much. I hope he IS having a really good time and making friends. He was excited about returning to boys camp "where all the boys have fun". He wasn't all that concerned that this time, he wouldn't know anyone there. Our friends will be sending their boys later in the summer. Our schedules just didn't allow for us to have the boys all together, like last year. Max does have his older cousin there, but because G is 13 and Max 8 they're going to be separated into their age groups. So, basically my boy is on his own.
The thought is a bit unnerving. Max is a quite, keeps to himself, shy, kinda guy. He confidently told me "not to worry". "I'll make new friends momma", was what he said. I know he will. But, I am still praying everyday for him and so are a few others. Because we know Max...and we know that he is a special kind of kid.
Loves big and feels big.
St. Maximilian Kolbe, pray for him!
Saint Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle.
Be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him, we humbly pray;
and do Thou, O Prince of the Heavenly Host -
by the Divine Power of God -
cast into hell, satan and all the evil spirits,
who roam throughout the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)