Rose's First Holy Communion is fast approaching so we are trying to get ready little by little for it. Her dress was purchased a few months ago, but I knew I wanted to make her a new veil for the special occasion.
Today she and I picked up the material from JoAnn's. She had a chose of lace and trims, with my 'encouragement' of course. I think she did very well with her chose.
We are going to use the scalloped edge, shown in the picture, for the front and we got a simple trim for the back. I was going to make this for her, but my SIL has been making veils for a while now. She has the hang of it and offered to do this for her goddaughter.
How could I say no.
Plus, her veils are a thing of feminine beauty!
Since we were on a roll I did choose another fabric for Lucy. A surprise for her.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)