It's been months since I've baked these cookies.
They are great, yummy, but can be time consuming. Easter Sunday was a good reason to return to the icing.
They are great, yummy, but can be time consuming. Easter Sunday was a good reason to return to the icing.
It took me a while to get into the groove.
I almost quit.
But I'm glad I didn't...
...and so were the kids!
To bad I couldn't get the camera to focus.
Have I mentioned that I've been without a camera since New Year's Eve?
Yep, the camera is nicely tucked away inside my pocket.
That pocket being my snow pants.
Which, of course, are safely put away;
in a box, in Big Bear Lake ;-/
Back to the cookies.
I use 3 different and loyal recipes for the cookies.
(A note on these 3 blogs... I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. I've tried many of their recipes; and they've been awesome, yummy, goodness. Really!
So check them out. Look at their beautiful creations, and enjoy)
Back to my post....
I also have a great, can you believe tasty, royal icing recipe.
But instead of sticking to what I know works, I tried a new recipe.
It looked promising.
It came from a trusty source.
But it, or I, failed.
It never hardened the way it needed too. See the purple "He is Risen" cookie at the bottom right?
Poor cookie didn't survive Cecilia's little fingers.
I need to not try new things on such important dates.
Once they are in a cute bag, tied with a pretty ribbon around it,
and placed in an Easter basket.
No one notices the imperfections anyway
~ ♥ ~
My cookie baking break continues;
until Rose's First Holy Communion.
A short two weeks from now.
Happy Easter!
Head over to Catholic Cuisine for a link-up party!
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It's so nice to visit your blog and see your family's "Easter doings"! I love your altar table! The banner is perfect and festive. I will say a prayer for your Rose's FHC...what a special and holy time!
ReplyDeleteso beautiful! Does it make you not want to eat them, they're so lovely! the basket is so beautiful, all trimmed and tied!
ReplyDeleteYour cookies always turn out beautifully! I love them! Thanks for sharing the link. If your ever interested in posting a cookie tutorial at Catholic Cuisine, just let me know! :)
ReplyDelete