O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Monday, April 23, 2012

First Holy Communion Novena :: Day Two

Yesterday was our day 2 for the novena Rose is praying.  In addition to praying the novena, Rose is trying to make this into a spiritual bouquet...one that she hopes to present to Jesus on Sunday.  The day of her First Holy Communion and 8th birthday.  It'll be a big day for her.  And a busy day for me. 

The flowers I will make in my heart today for the garden of my heart are lilacs.
I will make them by not getting angry.

Dear Jesus,
When You were a child like me,
You were always very gentle and did not get angry.
I want to be gentle and patient just like You were.
Today I will try very hard to not get angry at
home, at school and at play.
I will try to be just like You, Jesus.
Each time I keep from getting angry and raising my voice,
it will be a beautiful lilac for the garden of my heart.
I hope You will like my lilacs, Jesus.
Sometimes they are very hard to make.

Dear Mother Mary and Saint Joseph,
please help me not get angry today.

Draw a picture of yourself making lilacs in your heart for Jesus.

(The novena was shared by Margaret and you can find it here)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady