O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Beginnings

There is another post that I've written and rewritten a few times.  I have yet to post it.  There was no real reason not too, expect things have changed a bit here. 

I've been contemplating the desire for more children for a good while now.  Because of our personal situations I believed to be comfortable and fine with the four precious souls already charged to our care.  But, that little urge would creep up and just wouldn't go away.  Honestly, there have been those times where I felt content to what has already been given.  I have dreamt of the world Papi and I could provide.  Thus, the urge for another child would weaken in those moments.  Yet....

It just wouldn't go away.

We've discussed it, prayed about it, and discussed it some more.  Over and over again the answer has been "no".

So then what now? 

Hubby felt strongly he wasn't in the position with work and other areas to have more children...I had to take his feelings and fears into account.  Praying about it.  Then after talking this out with my spiritual director, I knew; or rather felt that it wasn't up to just me anyway.  Do not get me wrong, we are open to life but, are very aware of what we can provide and not provide.  And I'm not talking tennis shoes here. 

So I felt at peace and hubby was at peace.  We again began to plan our year with the four we have.  There was talk of a big move.  We looked at each of the four with new eyes.

Then came good sweet St. Therese.  Her novena was prayed and my prayers were simple and direct. 

Please sweet Little Flower pray for that peace in my heart to be at rest with what we have or open us to a new life"

I suppose I should have known.  God is good and boy does he listen to St. Therese.  God has answered me in the most direct way I know possible.

Hubby and I are expecting another soul to
care for
nurture
and love

There are some fears here but I TRUST!!  All will be provided for that is needed.  And we have one more precious little heart to join us!

Thank you St. Therese!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhhh ELIZABETH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so very excited for you! God is so good, and He sure does listen to His Little Flower! ✿ You and your family will be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh MY!!! I cannot wait to meet this newest little Carreon! I had a feeling that is what this surprise was! CONGRATULATIONS! Hugs and kisses and belly rubs to you. Hugs and kisses to the rest of the fam.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!!!!! This is wonderful news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elizabeth, I am so happy for you and your beautiful family. God is good! You are very blessed to have this precious little one on the way.

    (I am only slightly jealous.)

    (grin)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for your family. This pregnancy is a blessing for you and will be a privilege for your new child to grow up in such a loving family.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady