Annual Barn Dance
Our Catholic homeschooling co-op had it's 2nd Barn Dance early this month. With the help of several organizers and the hospitality of the host family, the evening was yet another success.
A little behind the scenes: The moms of our co-op get together early in the school year or just at the end of summer. This year the group opted to delegate the monthly events of the year between the families. Each family signed up to host a monthly event; be it a field trip or an activity related to our Faith. For the biggie stuff, like the Barn Dance, we have committees to help put together a successful get together.
It is because of everyone efforts that we are able to make and build such cool memories for our children. I hope that the kids look back and get a kick out of some of the things we actually pull off. If it weren't for homeschooling, there are a few moms that could go into the business of event planning.
We begin with the home preparations
Lucy entered the teen pie baking contest
and
Max and Rose entered the pumpkin carving/decorating contest
I was helping another mom with the contest portion of the night. We had thought about giving out ribbons to all the winners. But, we then had a "brilliant" idea of making some treats to give the 1st place winner. I thought of making candy apples and figured it would be easy to get a dozen or so done.
They looked so pretty...
so yummy...
until they went into the bags.
I don't know where I went wrong but, these gooey little things were sooo hard to make. I just couldn't get the caramel to stay on the apples. I went through several batches before I had the bare minimum to give out. The ones pictured were just the few that were presentable for a picture.
Finally, it was off to the hoedown...
Our little check-in stand
Our lovely host couple
This was their second year hosting, God bless them!
Our hostess, Mrs. A, and myself
Mrs. A has baby #6 in attendance as well....we'll have a new little bucka-roo come this March
My co-partner in the contest area and Mrs. H
We had
My little Cowgirl-Princess
The young teens
And because we are Catholics and this was a Catholic Homeschooling event
we prayed the Rosary
There was so much food, contests, and games
This young gal came dressed to impress!
and she was ready for the games
There was horse shoe toss, bean bag toss, three-legged races, egg bean toss, and quite a few more. Since we had this on a Saturday, this was a whole family party. The dads were so cute gallant in their three-legged race.
After some food the contests began..
We had five of the dads, including my own husband, taste test the 8 or so pies.
Needless to say they had their fill of dessert.
The picture hopefully shows what kind of evening this was; is was so nice! Families eating, dancing, and playing together
Princess dancing with her Nino
Thank you Holy Families for making memories!!

I love this mom. Nice pictures. ;P
ReplyDelete