O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, October 27, 2010

There is nothing like...

a satisfied tummy after a good meal.

(photo credit: Henry Matisse's The Dinner Table)

I haven't been menu planning lately.  But, when the mood strikes to make something out of the ordinary; and surprise the husband after a long day at work, I go to the Pioneer Woman.

She is one of my main "go to" cooking blogs for culinary inspirations.  After trying several recipes, here is what I have found. 

1.  I can actually make the very dish she has so kindly shared
2.  She uses real food.  I don't have to go across the valley to find some specialized ingredient...not that I don't sometimes do that...it's just not convenient to do it for each meal.
3.  Have you seen her pictures!!!  You just want to make the dish of the day.
4.  Her voice speaks through the screen to me.  No, I'm not kidding.  I get the cool Texan twang telling me "don't skimp on that butter...you'll regret it for the rest of your lift".  I love her personality.

Thus we come to the very dish I want to share and remember to make again and again.
 
This was good.  I mean really good.  Hubby and I like this dish and have tried several different recipes for it at home.  There are two favorites and this one by The Pioneer Woman has become one of them. 

It was an easy one pot dish with a super quick clean up time afterwards.  For any busy mom...you can't ask for anything better.

I am NO Pioneer Woman when it comes to the pictures but here goes:
The veggies are in after the chicken as been nicely seared then removed

Right before it goes into the oven
the smell yelled comfort food!

After the oven, spread over some pasta.  I still hadn't put the rest of the sauce over the dish yet.  I took Ms. Pioneer Woman's advice to cook the sauce over the stove a bit longer to thicken it up.  Oh yes, this last step was worth it.

He didn't want me to take any more pictures.  He just wanted to eat but, he indulged me at least a wee bit longer to picture his smile.  Isn't is lovely!!

You may find this recipe and much more here:
She also has a premenent place on my side bar under
What's Cooking

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady