O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The view from a child

There have been several reactions to the news of our pregnancy.  We've had the raised eyebrows of surprise, the hysterical cheers of joy from the grandparents, the teary-eyed-hugged-filled happiness from siblings and friends.  And then we have these:

After we announced the news to the two youngest:

Rose:  "What, really...no really, momma is going to lay a baby...really she's going to lay a baby...oh yes, yes, yes!!!"

(I don't know if she considers me equal to a chicken or that I've just made a goal)

Princess:  (hands in two small fists clutched to her chin) "Oh yes, oh yes....I'm gonna be a big sistah"

Later in the car, after we picked up the older two:

Rose to Max:  (in a small whisper sitting in the very back of the van) "You know what....Momma is going to have a baby..."

Max:  "What really?" (still in a whisper....though Papi and I can hear the whole conversation) "Momma, you're going to have a baby?"

I nod yes

Max: (hands in prayer) "Oh please, please let this be a boy!"

Lucy: (as cool as a 13 year old can be, smiling from ear to ear, offers me a two thumbs up then adds) "Congratulations"

I did get a huge hug once we were home and a "I love you guys" from her...

Then the next day I had a early appointment to the doctor's office, totally unrelated to the new baby though.  But Rose was right on it and asked:

"Momma is it time?  Are you bringing the baby home now?"

Oh dear she has a long long while before this baby makes it home...poor thing, she'll need to learn patience.


1 comment:

  1. Out of the mouths of babes! :) So when is this newest angle set to arrive?

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady