The Wind and the Sea Obey Him
Our party started a bit slow. We were enjoying a quiet Sunday in the backyard. There were those that laid back on the trampoline to watch the birds, some chose to read in the sun and others opted to take a nap in the breeze. We were almost "too" still to get up and have our party.
But, how could we NOT. We had to continue the end of the week culmination of our daily readings. I changed some things up a bit though, just to fit what my family was in the mood for. I hope you enjoy and have yourselves a blessed week 5.
~ The Boat, The Mast, The Sail, The Net & The Fish ~
Matthew 8: 23-27, Ezekiel 27: 4-7, Acts 27: 33-44, Mark 1: 16-20
John 21: 4-8
We put these five symbols together to make a whole scene of the ocean. Since the portions were small they all fit nicely and the kids were able to connect the symbols easily.
~ The Barbecue ~
John 21: 9-14
We were in the mood for some good ol' carne asada. Our barbecue had all the fix ins for making either tacos or tortas. I chose to eat a torta. Lemony Ranchera cut meat, home made guacamole, some pico de gallo and roasted jalapenos. It was so DELICIOUS.
~ The Leviathan ~
Psalm 104: 24-30
We didn't do any cupcakes but used pudding cups and sour worms to make the ocean (pudding) and the creature creeping out just enough to say "hi".
Doesn't she look like she is enjoying her torta? Too cute.
(for more ideas and peeks at what everyone else is doing please check out Catholic Cuisine)

I like the pudding cup sea creatures. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteI love your twist on the leviathan! Such fun!
ReplyDeleteYUM! The carne asada looks so delicious, and I just LOVE the sea creatures coming out of the pudding!!! What a fabulous idea!!
ReplyDeleteGreat variations to the "script!" Your carne asada looks de-lish, and I like the pudding cups with the sea creatures poking out! Super job =)
ReplyDelete