week 7
Our last week! Wow, so yes there were weeks that I thought, there would be no way I could pull this off. But, they came together through busy schedules of softball games, ballet rehearsals, birthdays and the daily ins and outs of a family. I'm glad we did it and now I have notes for next year too!
ideas!
~ The Water ~
Revelation 7: 13-17
Simple. We served water during dinner. I didn't think of taking out our nice pitcher until after we already started to eat.
~ The Deer ~
Psalm 42: 1-5
We made the deer cupcakes but I didn't have the right pretzels for the antlers. Oops! So I improvised with what I had...pretzel sticks. The antlers looked more like antennas. There wasn't a picture for this either. I was slow on the picture taking this time around.
~ The Lion ~
Daniel 6: 14-23
Sorry! We just didn't get this done. I had thought we would do it during lunch but, that didn't happen either. We ended up taking the kids to the animal shelter for a look around. It's a regular outing for us. Lucy is hoping for a dog very soon.
~ The Beehive ~
Judges 14: 5-9
I ended up adapting this recipe to fit our families taste buds. We kept the pears whole and baked them for 20 minutes. Then I used regular Pillsbury pie crust, cut into strips, to wrap the pears and baked them just until the crust looked crispy. Bummer part is that I burnt the syrup that was supposed to drizzle beautifully around the pears. It still tasted really good. I mean really good. This got a unanimous vote to have again.
~ The Peacock ~
1 Kings 10: 21-25
I wasn't sure how to do the feathers or the face of the peacock but, he still came out cute.
~ The Pelican ~
Genesis 1: 20-23
We served these in the morning as toast. Not all my kids like cheese on their bread so I just went ahead and used jam. Too bad I didn't have any orange marmalade on hand...it would've made for a more convincing pelican I think.
~ The Phoenix ~
Job 29: 14-20
Some breaded jumbo shrimp with cocktail sauce. Simple and tasty...Princess couldn't make out what she was eating. She kept trying to munch on the tails. We pulled them off for her but she was really interested in them. It was a funny/odd kind of thing to watch her.
~ The Dove ~
Song of Songs 2: 8-17
I picked up some of these for a lunch dessert. Who can say no to chocolate miniature ice cream. Not my kids...
For more ideas and parties link to Catholic Cuisine!

I've admired all of these garden parties and look forward to maybe trying it next year! Love the pelican toast and peacock cupcakes...really creative and cute!
ReplyDelete