O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Monday, January 18, 2010

Raining Rain Day Daybook

Outside my window...The rain is just pouring down with a wind to match.  Literally one of my favorite kind of days.

I am listening to...The rain pouring outside and the words from the musical "Singing in the Rain".  Isn't a perfect day to watch this movie.  The family is loving it.

I am thankful for...A great weekend with Victor.  He was a groomsman at a friends wedding and we had a fabulous adult weekend with friends, dancing, and great food.

I am praying for...The people of Haiti and Victor's safety while at work

I am pondering...(borrowed thought from Elizabeth Foss)
"Though we should fall fifty times a day, let us rise again quite simply, without wasting thought in self-reflections on what we may have done or left undone.  Such useless discouragements are often greater faults than the ones that so disturb us.
     If we follow His plans for us, though heaven and earth should be overturned, in truth it does not matter whether we suffer or enjoy, so long as the Divine Will be accomplished."
~ Jane de Chantel

I am wearing...Black sweatpants, a white thermal, slippers, and an apron.

I am reading...A Little History of The World by E.H. Gombrich
 
I am creating...Lessons for this week and hopefully lessons to go into next month.

From the kitchen...Yummy slow cooked pork into carnitas.  We did it using my father-in-law's recipe and boy did they come out great.  The whole house had an amazing aroma.  Just a few weekends ago my brother made carnitas the "authenic" way in a copper pot filled with lard.  Almost like when we were kids.  We only needed the real pig and a large family of uncles working around the pots, aunts going to and fro making use of every part of the pig, and little kids running around the backyard; ususally being chased by the moms to get out of the way.


From the learning room...Continuing with G week for Rosa, off to Philadelphia in American geography, and it's about Rome and The Reformation Period for older girl.

Living the Liturgy at Home...Our morning and evening prayers, praying the Rosary, and trying to be in a place of listening and asking...Is my Heavenly Father pleased with me each and every day?

I Am Hoping...for a good learning week, time to catch up on our budget, and rain all week!

In the Garden...Nothing.  Our poor backyard has truly been neglected. 

Around the House...Still some clutter but we are working on that.  Perhaps another thing to hope for this week...the energy to get it all done.

One of my favorite things...family time together and time alone with my husband.  It was an awesome weekend.

Plans for this week...
Gearing up to end G week with our Alphabet Path
Focusing on quiet family time
Praying for Victor's safety this week at work

Picture Thought I'm Sharing...

Peter piper leading his hens

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady