O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Grief and Joy

How do we move on after a death of a loved one?  Especially if that loved one was your child.  I have lost a father, a beloved grandmother, a dear uncle and several cousins...but I have been spared some of this pain...not all but some.  (There is still a story to tell here but, it'll have to wait...) 

The time right after a cousin was killed a few summers ago I remember his mother (my Tia) siting by his coffin during the viewing.  She wouldn't budge and just sat there quietly looking at her son.  Every now and then she could be heard asking him "why he left" she was just so sad.  I cried for her that day and many days after because she was in such grief.  She was drowing in it.  When I saw her a few months after she looked aged and still sad (especially around her eyes).  The one difference was that she was no longer drowning.  She had returned to chruch and speaking with a priest.  She was finding healing in the Mass and seeking the embrace of Our Mother.  My Tia still walks a little wounded but, she is living again.  She is embracing new life with the birth of her second grandchild.  And best of all she smiles the way she use to.  Full of Life!

My prayers continue for my Tia and the many mothers who are in Grief and Joy.
Posted using ShareThis

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady