O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My baby's fear

I don't normally take joy in the fears of my kids or make fun of what might make them afraid.  But when your 3 year old is afraid of bubble wrap one must find the humor in that, right?  Well this momma did.

Carolina was enjoying the fun of popping the bubbles. 

Side thought:  Isn't it funny how a young one can be preoccupied for hours with some of those bubbles.  I know I use to be a bit OCD about them too...so I can relate. 

Anyway, Carolina was trying to get Sophia to pop one but, she was not having it.  She squealed out in terror "Oh no, it'll blow up my finger"!  Carolina was such the realist here too.  She responded "Sophia, really it won't blow up anything just try it"...Sophia was not to be pressured, she clutched her fingers safely on her chest and walk right out of the room saying, "No, no, no"....

Now, later on...perhaps minutes.  I hear a joyful Sophia exclaim, "Yes, I did it and my fingers are not blown".

In the privacy of the living room Sophia sat with a sheet of bubble wrap carefully popping every bubble she could.  Yelling out "yes I did it" each and every time. 

Kids....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady