O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas Eve


~ Merry Christmas Eve ~

It is a blue and cloudless day in Southern California.  I normally love the winter scenes and miss them during the winter months.  But today I am glad for the warm weather and the deep blue of the sky.  It looks so pretty....so promising. 

Today is Christmas eve.  The tree is up and the kitchen is busy with baking, cooking, and finishing up the last of the home made gifts.  Earlier, during our morning prayers, we read about Joseph and Mary's travels.  The cold brisk day and the promise of LIFE. 

I hold on to that promise brought by a new born babe.  A helpless little being born under a cold, clear night in a stable.  How humble is our God to have chosen to come in such a meek and  vulnerable way.  We are so blessed to have such a God.  I am thankful for his love of me.  I am thankful for the new life that will come soon to our own family...no not me.  Life brings hope, reminding us of that one special night so long ago...

A little baby...born to be a King!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady