O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Compunction

  1. 1.  A feeling of guilt or moral scruple that follows the doing of something bad: "spend the money without compunction"
  2. A pricking of the conscience.
  •  Synonyms: remorse - regret - repentance - penitence - contrition

During confirmation class last night Fr. S spoke about Compunction.  How this is exactly what Lent is suppose to create.  We are to puncture away at our sins.  Our conscience is supposed to be on high alert for the 'feeling' that comes from nearing one self to sin.  It is Ash Wednesday and already I'm on the edge;  Lent has just begun and already I feel challenged. 
 
Praying that these next 40 days I am in the state of compunction.  That it leads me to repentance and change; ending my path at the foot of the cross.  I hope to gaze up upon the crucified King and know that I have walked with Him and towards Him.
 Praying for us all

1 comment:

  1. I heard that word today at Mass. a great word ((thanks for that definition and explanation!)). Blessed Lent, and I like your new layout.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady