O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Monday, April 18, 2011

Holy Week

We aren't away for the week, there are no games or practices on the calendar and the math is in the drawer.  We are in Holy Week.  We have entered into quietness and reflection; perhaps we should have been here 30 days ago but here we are none-the-less.

Our plans from last year are pretty much the same.  I've updated a few things for various reasons; one being that I was asked (months ago) to be a good friend's confirmation sponsor.  That has this week a bit busier than normal.  So I've opted to write out a menu plan w/ any crafts or activities along with it. 
For quick references though, I have the previous posts a click away

Good Friday Lenten Tea & more
There is a linky (link) at the end of this post too :)

Monday
Tea time:   Lenten Ark readings
Dinner:      Lentil and Barley Stew
Reading:    Lilies, Rabbits, and Painted Eggs: The Story of The Easter Symbols
Activity:    2011 Paschal Candle

Jessica shared her family's new Paschal Candle for this year on her blog.  I was so happy to see it.  Because of time, or the lack of it, we also used Evann's printed Paschal Candle wrap for last year's candle.  It was perfect.  But having done a more hands on candle a few years ago, I wanted the kids to be more involved with this year's candle.   I purchased Illuminated Ink's Paschal Candle kit a few weeks ago for our family (I got an extra one for a gift, it makes a great Easter basket addition) and hopefully it'll come out as nice as the picture shows :).

A bit on our Forty Days and Forty Nights: A Lenten Ark Moving Towards Easter.  I highly recommend this.  It's been an easy and beautiful addition to our readings.  The best part of it for me is that it stands as another visual for the kids.  We couldn't always keep up with the readings; mainly because we were home so little, but I'm glad we had it.

Tuesday
Tea time:    Lenten Readings
Dinner:      Tilapia Fish tacos
Activity:    Decorating eggs using Luba's Ukrainian Easter Egg Decorating Kit - Super Color Kit 
I purchased our kit from Hearth Song.  It looks like a detailed project but, Lucy is quite excited about it.  ~ This site has some pretty ideas and projects on this style of egg decorating.  They also give out one free design.

For the majoring of egg decorating we will just use the colorful eggs provided by our lovely hens.  They lay pretty colored eggs in browns and green-blue tones.  Keeping them plain or painted with acrylics, we stuff them with confetti and little notes.  It makes for a messy but fun activity on Easter Sunday.

Wednesday
Tea time:   Lenten Readings
Dinner:     Grilled Salmon and some veggies
Activity:   Catholic Icing's Last Supper craft
Reading:    The Easter Story
Mandy Thursday
Dinner:     Fish Stew
Activity:   making Judases w/ the kids and deep cleaning our home
Attending Mass

Good Friday
Morning:           Hot Cross Buns (w/o the icing for today)
Liturgical Tea:   Our Lenten Tea
Dinner:              I'm not sure yet what to do here.  I want something simple.
Resources:        Alice Gunther provided the blue prints to our Liturgical Teas as did Catholic Cuisine

Sabbatum Sanctum
Morning:            Hot Cross Buns (w/ the icing :o))
Dinner:              Papi's chose :0)
Activity:            Resurrection Cookies:  I'll be at a retreat today so our planning is simple.
Reading:            The Easter Story: According To The Gospels of Matthew, Luke and John from the King James Bible

Easter!
With my father-in-law still undergoing chemotherapy our traditional feasting at Grandma's and Grandpa's has been changed a bit.  We'll be celebrating the resurrection and His promise fulfilled at my MIL home.

A Lamb shaped cake will hopefully make it  be on the table
We purchased the Nordic Ware Cast-Aluminum Nonstick 3-D Cake Mold, Spring Lamb some time last year.  It was so cute (sorry no pictures).
There are other options but this one was too cute not to try and make. 

Other than that the menu is still up in the air.  This year w/ my FIL cancer diagnoses and other personal concerns, celebrations have taken on a deeper meaning.  It is definitely less about the food and more about the time spent with some special people.

Please keep us in your prayers as you are in ours!
God bless!

"They placed Him in a tomb of stone,
Dead, all helpless, and alone.
But Easter morn, before the light,
He rose alive in glory bright! "
~ From The Story of the Redemption for Children

Lacy @ Catholic Icing
http://catholicicing.blogspot.com/2011/04/ultimate-guide-for-celebrating-holy.html
 has a linky page going on. 
There are LOTS of wonderful ideas to try with your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady