Celebrating with family and friends
Our 2011
St. Joseph's Altar
My SIL graciously opened her home
and together we planned this evening of
prayer, food, crafts, and stories
We began our evening together with the
Our evening involved a potluck event with our co-op
which made this extra nice
Here my friend made a homemade "sweet bread" breaded into a crown
for Jesus' crown of thorns
~ Craft Time ~
The kids had quite the chose of crafts
from coloring pages to St. Joseph's little pocket window crafts
The coloring pages were free from
&
I had the St. Joseph's window pocket from
my Teacher's Helper CD
(picture to come soon)
~ Reading Time ~
My SIL read a section of
and we had several books for the kids to read at their leisure
It was a beautiful celebration
among good fellowship
giving thanks to
San Guiseppe
Holy St. Joseph, spouse of Mary,
be mindful of me, pray for me, watch over me.
Guardian of the paradise of the new Adam,
provide for my temporal wants.
Faithful guardian of the most precious of all treasures,
I beseech thee to bring this matter to a happy end,
if it be for the glory of God and the good of my soul.
Amen.
A gorgeous celebration! Thank you so much for linking up with the Altar blog fest. I just love when I see little ones working on my mini altars. I'm going now to check out those window pockets. Thanks again, and Viva San Giuseppe!
ReplyDeletebeautiful! all aropund. what a lovely tribute and honor to our dear Saint Joseph.
ReplyDeleteThis looks so lovely! The breads look so beautiful and delicious! It looks like everyone had a wonderful celebration! I'm going to have to look into the books you posted! They look great! Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my altar post!
ReplyDeleteYour blog is beautiful! God bless!
Looks great! Thanks for the idea of turning this into an evening celebration - - we celebrated with another local family during the day. Next year, I am definitely including dads in the mix. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteJennifer
www.homespunluv.blogspot.com