This may hit a nerve...but here it is.
I know of people in situations where there is a break in the family. Mother to daughter, brother to brother, son to father. Choose your combination there is a division. I've seen it start small and I've seen it result from an explosion....either way there is a hurt, then silience, then the words..."I need a break from you". Maybe the words aren't even spoken? The understanding is there, stay back. At least for one of the people involved it's clear. I've even heard of spiritual directors advice on "distancing oneself from those that aren't condusive to relationship with God".
Fair right?
If it takes you away from God cut it off, right? Aren't we supposed to cut the weeds, the dead branches so that we may grow fruit?
But, without meaning to sound naive, is it that simple?
No, it's not and it's not easy for those involved...I'm sure of it. There are circumstances, exceptions to be made where a distance is quite necessary. But, I believe those situations are few. My thing is this, has is gotten easier in this climate of me to cut what doesn't feel right too quickly? Have we fallen, without knowledge, into a trap of satan himself?
I've read several posts and books about lenten reflections. And this is what I'm reflecting on. It's personal for me you see. It's all around me it seems. From family, friends, to those I don't even know there seems to be an infection going on within families.
And I don't like it.
to be continued
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)