O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lent

O good and dearest Jesus, I kneel before your face. With all my heart I ask you to place in my heart more faith, hope and charity. Give me a true sorrow for my sins and a strong will to do better With great sorrow and grief I look upon your five wounds and think about them. Before my eyes are the words that the prophet David said of you, O good Jesus: "They have pierced my hands and feet They have numbered all my bones."

~ Holy Lent by Eileen O'Callaghan

O.K. 
I am renewed. 
Refocused. 

It is all on His feet that I lay my woes.  I look up at Him and release my fears and anxieties.  It isn't for me to carry the cross of others'.  It is for me to pray, to trust and to love...that's it. 
So I want to share some pictures around the house that remind me, daily, of the need to remain on the path of repentence.

With our Lenten Ark set out and a basket of books

Lenten Calendar
 ideas from Guiding your Catholic Preschooler & further inspired by Jessica
&
Alms Giving Jar

when surrounded with candles the message is beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady