O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Friday, March 19, 2010

On the feast of St. Joseph

O glorious St. Joseph, you were chosen by God to be the foster father of Jesus, the most pure spouse of Mary ever Virgin, and the head of the holy family. You have been chosen by Christ's Vicar as the heavenly patron and protector of the Church founded by Christ. Therefore it is with great confidence that I implore your powerful assistance for the whole Church on earth. Protect in a special manner, with true fatherly love, the Pope and all bishops and priests in communion with the See of Peter. Be the protector of all who labor for souls amid the trials and tribulations of this life, and grant that all peoples of the world may follow Christ and the Church He founded.

Dear St. Joseph, accept the offering of myself which I now make to you. I dedicate myself to your service, that you may ever be my father, my protector, and my guide in the way of salvation. Obtain for me great purity of heart and a fervent love for the spiritual life. May all my actions, after your example, be directed to the greater glory of God, in union with the divine Heart of Jesus, the immaculate heart of Mary, and your own paternal heart.

Finally, pray for me that I may share in the peace and joy of your holy death.

Our ever growing St. Joseph Altar

~Plans~

craft:  I printed out the pages for 3 of my kids to make a St. Joseph lapbook
menu: 
dinnerMinestrone Soup or a light version of Fettuccini without the chicken
dessert:  If there is time I'd like to do these St. Joseph Sfinges with Older Girl

*update:

We enjoyed honoring St. Joseph with a beautiful meal.  I love cooking with my kids, they really get into it and want to be a part of the whole process.  This meal was extra special because it lended itself to talk about why St. Joseph was so special.  His kindness and willingness to say 'yes' to God in such difficult circumstances was a testimony to his faith.  I hope we all can carry ourselves in such a way when the situations persent themselves.

The minestrone soup (link is above) was awesome!


Cream Puffs...oh my...so good!


St. Joseph Pray for Us
We are in need of your intercession and implore your help in the matters dear to our hearts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady