O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Monday, February 1, 2010

My Daybook

Outside my window...It's a beautiful day in California.  One of those that people from the midwest could use.

I am hearing...a mixture of kids on a scooter zooming around, little voices from a video playing for Princess, and the music from my blog singin to me.

I am thankful...for a very good friend and time spent with her.  I picked up Yesi from the airport and we immediately drove to be at our "commardes" side as she grieves the lost of her mother.

I am praying for...a family in grief, for my Victor (who is taking a very important test today), for my SIL, for several of my siblings....so many to pray for!

From the kitchen...pizza in the oven for lunch...we've had to make some changes to our menu for this week..but I want to bake the St. brigid's bread.

From the learning room...lots of lessons but nothing new.  We are deep in H week with Rosa, trying to leave Pennsylvania, and fighting along with the Romans.

Living the Liturgical Year in our Home...today we eat with St. Brigid, tomorrow we attend Mass for Candlemass and enjoy some St. Blaise cookies.  Lots of books of Moses, Exodus, and the parables of Jesus.

I am creating...tax papers!!

I am wearing...jeans, white long sleeve and my "B16" t-shirt along with my trusty "chucks".

I am going...to serve some pizza in about 5 minutes and later take Rosa to ballet and then the library.

Pondering these words...

“For me, each day came forth from the hand of God newly created and alive with opportunities to do His will. For me, each day was a series of moments and incidents to be offered back to God, to be consecrated and returned in total dedication to His will.”
-- From the memoir He Leadeth Me by Father Walter J. Ciszek

I am hoping...for good news from both Victor, my youngest brother and sister...still praying!!

Around the house...lots of proof that we are a home schooling family...

One of my favorite things...a husband who surrenders, God's mercy, and old friends.

A few plans for this week...a rosary, a funeral....

A picture to share....

A girl and her horse

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady