O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Friday, June 14, 2013

Mexican Tissue Flower:: 411

  Scan the internet and you'll find a gazillion videos, DIY, & youtube videos on making tissue flowers.  I'm not going to join the swarm of tutorials, exactly.  But, I do want to have a little scrapbook of our flowers.  Just in case my kids want proof that I did make these.  
(with their help of course)

Our end of the year party for the home school group was themed 'fiesta'.  Fiestas are a visual feast for the eyes.  Tons of color everywhere. Perfect theme for making some of these beauties.

Pretty huh?
A comarde and I made these for Lucy's birthday once, like a hundred years ago it seems.  Sadly, I've never thought about doing it again before this occasion.  These are so easy to make, with so many options, that it's silly not to do more these...more often. 
The players are simple:
  • a stack of tissue paper or crepe paper (colors of your choice)
  • a good set of scissors
  • twine or pipe cleaners
  • a glass of wine  (this one is optional but, it made the folding more fun. Trust me.) 

The how:  Cut, stack, and fold
  • First, cut down your chosen colors into the size your going to work with.  Most sites on the web give you dimensions (like here and here).  I just winged it.  I wanted a nice size flower so I went with a 6" across and 9" long cut.  Somehow I hope that measurement made sense LOL. 
  • For a fluffy flower, nice and full, use a minimum of 6 sheets of tissue.
  • Fold like an accordian from the short end up.  Example fold up one, turn the paper over and fold up again, turn the paper over, fold up again until you get to this point..
A nice long strip of paper
How wide the folds, depends on the look u want
The wider the fold the more flowery (that isn't a word, I know) the end result will be.
I went with 1".
  • Wrap the folded tissue in the center with the pipe cleaner. Twist it around and you'll get: 








  • Then clip the edge in a point or a curve (this will give your final flower some cool details)
  • Start unfolding the top first tissue up and toward the center. Careful, tissue tear easily. 








Ask the husband to help.
The Lineman likes getting crafty with me.

final product..
Tah daaaah!
Now, decorate!!!
For Our Lady of Guadalupe
For Corpus Crisit
For St. Juan Diego

Think centerpiece
Think hair accessory
I did end up doing a tutorial after all.
Hopefully, the post will come in handy.

God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady