7 quick takes
(my very first)
-- 1 --
Well, kind of.
Officially the kids are done. No more assigned work in form of a schedule. Our last ES meeting was this past Tuesday. Per the charter school two of my kids are enrolled in, summer vacation is here. That said, we still have some math to finish. In fact, the kids will be plugging through more fun math, some historical reading, and music lessons.
-- 2 --
A summer break with an ease of mind is desperately needed. The kids are use to working through some subjects over the summer. But, believe me this isn't going to be a summer school curriculum. The fact is, we have a child who really needs to keep going over the break. For this child, two and half months of NO MATH will mean hours of grueling reviews in September. Did and done that!
It was horrible for me and horrible for the kid.
My SIL just shared a cool, and FREE, multiplication lapbook she found online. It was super cute and looks like fun to do while we kick it by the pool.
See, fun math...
really!
(free lapbook is from homeschool share, love this site)
-- 3 --
My last week of school looked quite different than the kids'.
As they were slowing down and having fun, I was gearing up for the fall.
WHAT?!? Am I already planning for the next school year?
Yep, I sure am.
All the shipping deals are happening right now.
There are tons of inexpensive, previously used items popping up at Cathswap.
The Southern Cali Catholic Education conference is just few weeks away.
My stuff needs to be sold and used.
So, I need to plan. Have too. Absolutely.
Plus, I enjoy the charts and notes I make.
And who doesn't like the postguy delivering new items for the school year?
It's great.
-- 4 --
Part of the end of the year excitement goes to planning and going to our
Co-op's last Mass and party. A friend and I joined forces this time around. We were in charge of the decorations for the dinner held after Mass. Our theme this year was "fiesta"!
How perfect, then, would banners of papel picado and Mexican tissue flowers be?
This one was my favorite.
Now, If only the other pictures would download...
It all came out nicely.
-- 5--
Jen's #5 got me thinking about my own "About me" profile. I remember agonizing over what to write. I'm not a writer and I don't think I'm witty enough to come up with something catchy, quick, and descriptive. In school (both high school and college) it would take my paragraphs to describe something. I was, and still am, so long winded. My goodness! Just look at the quick takes on this post.
I like witty.
I like...
There are more, I'm sure. But, this is supposed to be quick take #5.
So, let's move on...
--6--
Got mulch?
Oh yea,
we have lots of mulch. Guess what we'll be doing on our first weekend of summer vacaaay?
-- 7 --
Sending my prayers for Dwija!
All my prayers and intentions!
Okay,
That was my quickie post
Jen has more for you over at



No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)