~ The Heavens Tell God's Glory ~
With a overloaded fun filled weekend, we had our Garden Party as dinner just this evening. We also took advantage of the 90 degree weather outside to eat enjoying the outdoors.
Having spent the better part of this weekend enjoying God's creations...the clouds, the winds, flowers, and mountain sides in the distance this dinner was such a nice way to bring it all together.
We added these books for week 3, reading about...
...the sun, rain, clouds, and winds
To get dinner on the table we made tonight's Good Shepherd's dinner a family affair
They were all a big help! There isn't a picture of Max or Papi but, they were as helpful as the girls. Though they did sneak pieces of fruit from Lucy; from time to time.
~ The Sun ~
Psalm 19:1-6
Like many others we've had our fill of cake and cupcakes. And, with a birthday in a few days (Rose is turning 6) we opted to serve a bowl of sweet pineapple for the sun. I think the kids thought it just as sweet as if it was a cupcake.
~ The Cloud ~
1 Kings 8:2-11
They got to eat these created clouds using the whipped topping after some time in the freezer. Rose stated that she couldn't believe I was letting her eat this sweet treat after her rainbow dessert from dinner. She thinks her momma has gone a bit loony. But, she is enjoying it while it lasts. Too funny.
~ The Rain ~
Matthew 5: 43-48
I didn't get a picture of our rain. We served a pitcher of water for the rain. Not to creative here but, it worked. I mean water-rain-rain-water...the kids got it. Here is the cool part. The water was pretty cold so Rose and Max noticed water droplets running down the pitcher. Both started to yell with some excitement...
"Hey it's raining down the pitcher...how cool!"
That made the dinner!
~ The Lighting & Hail ~
Job 28: 20-26
Job 38: 28-30
Thanks Ms. Charlotte for creating and sharing these lightning rods for our drinks. The kids really liked these. And we used the crushed ice for hail.
Since we were having dinner we also used the lighting and thunder pasta that was suggested. I did add a few things to ours...a bit of Alfredo sauce. Since my "honey" prefers red sauce and some meat in his pasta I also added this to our dinner. I liked the contrast in colors on the dish though. It looked good and tasted better!
~ The Wind ~
Ezekiel 37: 7-10
O.K, we did have the cupcakes on the table. You can see them in the picture of the table.
But, as I stated earlier we were out and about this past weekend. Sunday we drove out to see the California Poppies in bloom. This area gets pretty windy. At one point the kids just kept noticing the Heaven's from the Good Shepherd. Through out the hike we heard,
"Hey mom look at the clouds...momma the sun look it's the sun...it's the wind"
So, we took a picture of the kids against the wind. They all thought it very appropriate for our Garden Party. I agreed.
~ The Rainbow ~
Genesis 9: 12-15
We served a rainbow parfait for dessert. A little bit of blueberries, kiwi, and strawberries within the yogurt was yum-O and healthy.
The end result...
We had such a lovely dinner!
These two little ones opted to eat on the trampoline. They had there own little Garden Dinner.
Thank you all for inspiring such lovely memories!!
For a look at more please visit Catholic Cuisine.

yummy food alternatives. i love the JOY these celebrations bring to the little ones.
ReplyDeletePax Christi - lena
What a fun party! Love your book choices :) I love your daughter's expression with her hands in the whipped cream like, are you sure I'm allowed to do this??? Too cute!
ReplyDelete