(details)
Seriously, I thought I had bit a little too much than I can chew for even contemplating the Shepherd's Garden Party. But, the kids already knew about it and offered to help. They really wanted to do this for my mom too. As a "surprise" treat for her. How could I not do it.
With a little help from these two girls...
We were able to treat my mom and have our Garden Tea with our Good Shepherd
I wasn't able to 'decorate' and the original thought was that we would have our Good Shepherd Garden Parties outside. The time I had just didn't allow for it. But, it was fun to have my mom with me as I prepped and made the menu. She was clueless as to what I was doing. We live about 3 hours away from one another and my mom stills works...so I don't get to see her as often as I like (sniff sniff) and she doesn't get to often see what the kids and I do. So, as I went along making the list of eats she was confused. Then she was "impressed".
* The Shepherd's Crook *
I had to make mine using crescent rolls since I couldn't find the premade bread sticks at our store. But, they worked out fine.
* Individual Shepherd's Pie *
The picture doesn't do these little goodies justice. I did follow the recipe as suggested by Jessica & Charlotte and they were good. So good that I plan to serve these as little appetizers for an up coming party. Kids just ate these up!
* The Gate of the Sheepfold *
I had the kids make their own gates which the older kids liked. The younger ones started out o.k but wanted my help to make a straighter gate.
* God's Sheep *
Popcorn is a favorite around here. These fluffy reminders of sheep didn't last long enough to be put into a sheepfold...
* The Ewe and the Ram *
My little ones desperately wanted to decorate the faces and though the older ones thought they looked a bit more like puppies than an Ewe or Ram I thought they were the most precious. I didn't have the large marshmallows (a certain someone got into the bag and they have disappeared from our pantry) but they would have made better ears for sure.
* The Wolf's Paws *
We used Pepperidge Farm Tahiti cookies, melted chocolate and little white chocolate chips for the claws. After, assembling these cuties I did place them in the freezer so they could set. Great tip! But, because they were in the freezer we almost forgot them.
Even though I wastotally a bit rushed we had a lovely afternoon. I didn't get to make the Lamb's Wool this time around...there is always next year.
The kids are already excited about week 2...how cool is that!
Even though I was
The kids are already excited about week 2...how cool is that!

You did a beautiful job Elizabeth!! How nice that your mother was able to join you! Thank you for sharing the pictures!
ReplyDeleteAnd I agree! We will be making the mini shepherd pies again SOON! :)
You planned a wonderful garden party! My mom was able to come for our party, too, which was fun =)
ReplyDeletewhat a blessing that your dear mom was bale to share in you family's joyouse celebration for Easter.
ReplyDeletePax Christi - lena
Lovely! How nice that you were able to share it with your mom.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and God bless!