O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Thursday, February 14, 2013

{Pretty, Happy, Funny, Real~ St. Valentine}

~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~
Every Thursday, here at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
 
{Pretty}
 
Our mantle decorated for today... one last day of color.
Our velvet, rocks, and crown wait patiently in the dining room to replace the reds with purple.

The banner was one of many I made for a St. Valentine Gala we hosted a few days ago. 
There were lots of fun projectst around the house; which can be seen here

{Happy}

 
 
Happiness is friendship
Good memories
Funny characters
&
lots of sweets pre-Lent style

{Funny}
This is Obi, our white Lab.
He LOVES our family
But, he REALLY loves Lucy. 
She is awesome, as far as Obi is concerned. 
This past weekend, Lucy was away at her confirmation retreat.  We all missed her but, Obi most of all.
He nearly toppled some poor unexpected parents when he saw her get off the bus.

Lucy feels the same way about Obi too.  Hence, the "Oh my Obi boy "shrieks that came out of Lucy's mouth.  He received the first hug and notice; The Lineman and I (plus her siblings) waited for our turn of recognition. LOL 
 
{Real}
Two weeks ago I posted this picture of our last remaining rose under the {pretty} section.
  The single promise of what spring might bring. 
It was lovely. 
It's fragrance strong.

This is the SAME ROSE, my last rose!
Picked by my youngest sweet child, Cecilia.

"Momma, look what I picked just for you", she tells me.  I smiled, while inside I yelled... Oh no, not my rose!  UGH!
Hey, that's what we get with kids around.  Mostly my kids know not to pick flowers unless they have my permission.  This one rose must have been too tempting for her.  She must have thought, obviously felt, that it would make a good gift for her Momma.
She was right!

Check out the other post over at Like Mother, Like Daughter.
The link is above.

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you still had your rose on the bush, two weeks later-- what a hearty variety. Do you know its name?

    (I am sorry to hear of its loss, though.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm interested in the rose variety too - our rose bush quit blooming ages ago and I dead headed it in hopes that it will bloom even more in the coming Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies,
    We just moved into this home in November. So, sadly I don't have the variety of what kind of rosé this is.
    The previous owner has mature antique roses in several areas, and looks like she took excellent care of them.
    Also, in sunny South California it's not to uncommon to still have a few blossoms this late in winter; it's been fairly warm here.
    I'll do my best to find the type of rosé & email you the info.
    God bless and thank u for commenting.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady