O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Saturday, February 9, 2013

Envisioning Hearts, Pink, & St. Therese

I'm hosting a St. Valentine Gala soon (like this Monday) and my head has been swimming with ideas.
If you can picture this; it'll be an afternoon of several families between the ages of infancy and 11ish.

The older siblings will be up the road celebrating a Jane Austine Valentine Tea, dressed in Regency sweetness.

Back at this manor, though, we are looking at ideas for our younger group.  Something that focuses more on the love that is God rather than the amounts of sweets in our bags.
(though that is important to a 7 year old for sure ;0).

I've scanned the boards and have one too many ideas lingering in my head.  So, I'm narrowing it down to a manageable few.  I'm thinking along the lines of:

The Sacred Hear to Jesus
 (I mean how perfect is that)

St. Therese's examples of love
(including her quotes everywhere)

That'll be our focus but, I can't put down any other details, as there may be some lurking here; who may spill the beans.

Until then here are some quick pictures of the things/crafts happening around the house...

Lacy @ Catholic Icing shared this free St. Valentine countdown. 
As the kids take down a heart; we read it after morning prayers and then the scripture is placed on the door.  That way we can return to read them throughout the days leading to Lent.

We've already read some beautiful verses!

Rose is sewing these felt heart pockets for her friends.  This was the kind of practice she needed to master her running stitch. 
According to her, she's become an expert!
This is a little peek at my project of the week
Now I'm off.  
I have lots of hearts to cut out and some goodies to bake...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady