Rose's First Holy Communion
It's been nearly three weeks since that beautiful Sunday.
I'm blushing with embarrassment that it's taken me even one week to write the first sentence.
But, here I am (posting this day for her) and here she is,
my girl Rose!
I wish I can tell you that the days leading up to this special Sunday went smoothly.
I wish I could tell you that
but
I can't.
There was the cake to bake and decorate,
the cookies, the cleaning,
the last minute of running around.
And stuff that life just likes to throw at you when you least expect it.
What I can say, is that, Sunday morning was
peaceful and beautiful!
Nothing mattered other than
knowing that on that day,
our Rose would know a closeness to Jesus,
a special bond, that would guide and by His grace, strengthen her.
"I am the bread of life..." (John 6:35)
It's my prayer for her to know and believe that
He is always there waiting for her,
just her;
to receive Him and believe how much He loves her.
"Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes has eternal life." (John 6:47)
She was surrounded by many who love her, her Nina.
She, by the way, made this beautiful veil for Rose.
Friends and family.
In the presence of our parish community
at Holy Mass
Rose received the
Body, soul and divinity of Jesus!
"What wonderful majesty!
What stupendous condescension!
O sublime humility!
That the Lord of the whole universe,
God and the Son of God,
should humble Himself like this
under the form of a little bread, for our salvation."
~ St. Francis of Assisi
The homily given by our wonderful pastor, Fr. Steve, can be listened to
I totally recommend it, it was awesome!



She is beautiful, inside and out! And I LOVE her veil.
ReplyDeleteCongratulations to your sweet girl!!