Lucy wanted to read these series when they first started circulating among her friends. At the time I didn't think she was ready for the details of violence and sacrifice the book describes; she wasn't exactly pleased about this but accepted it.
I just now allowed her to read it and then had her listen to Fr. Barron's take on it. There is a lot of violence in the this book so I would NOT recommend it to a child younger than 14. Lucy spent some time learning of the massive persecutions of the early Christians. So I was comfortable with her reading and being able to discuss the details with me.
Fr. Barron makes some great connections between The Hunger Games books and history here in this 10 minute clip. I'm not sure about the movie yet, but I've heard that it stays true to the book; but scaled down the violent to get a PG-14 rating.
I just now allowed her to read it and then had her listen to Fr. Barron's take on it. There is a lot of violence in the this book so I would NOT recommend it to a child younger than 14. Lucy spent some time learning of the massive persecutions of the early Christians. So I was comfortable with her reading and being able to discuss the details with me.
Fr. Barron makes some great connections between The Hunger Games books and history here in this 10 minute clip. I'm not sure about the movie yet, but I've heard that it stays true to the book; but scaled down the violent to get a PG-14 rating.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)