She asked God to forgive her
it was sweet, private, guided by a priest who is gentle and remembers the hearts of children;
it was perfect!
Sweet Rose,
The night before your first confession we sat together, examining our conscience, slowly the sins that have hurt God came up. Each time one came up your eyes widen. Each time we spoke how when we fall so easily into sin, it brings tears to Jesus eyes, you teared up. There have been changes in you, as I've seen your heart open. And this has been happening long before this night.
You then made the sweetest letter to take with you. Your drawing of the chalice filled with His precious blood made me pause. It was your letter of your first confessed sins. Innocent little list, a list that I pray stays as simple as it was this first time.
Then as it is with you, when you woke the next morning the very first thing you asked, "Momma have I done anything bad since last night?" You wanted to make sure you covered your tracks. So typical of you. I think Jesus must have laughed and perhaps think, as I thought,
"Oh what a wonderful creation!"
Your first confession, Rose!
Your first taste of the endless mercy from Jesus.
Thank you Jesus! Thank you for our Rose!

what a beautiful post! Many blessings to your daughter and her beautiful white soul!! :)
ReplyDelete