I'll start by saying that our family had a difficult Monday. Not to put out our business out there or to embarrass my children. But I certainly don't believe I'm alone out there when it comes to 'tough' days filled with corrections and discipline. There was a fair share of it around my home. It really bummed me out though! And by the evening time I felt a bit defeated. My heart wasn't up to putting up treats or baking any sort of good eats.
What to do?
I prayed!!!
And then, I walked into the kid's room and had a long-long chat!! By the end everyone was hugging and offering sweet apologies. I knew I couldn't let the days events dwell in our hearts. This season is so much more about preparing our very souls. To seek and find the ways to grow in virtue. I had almost forgotten that the same preparing time involves our children.
Yesterday, my children needed some reminders and needed me to help guide their behaviors. They also needed me to return to them and speak to their hearts. I hope I did that. I hope that this morning when they read their letters another step towards Heaven was reached.
I hope...
This season is so much about hope.
Now continuing on to todays feast day...
~ St. Nicholas ~
How my children asked for your prayers last night
When the children awoke
little treats were waiting
Shoes were left out
in hopes of some surprise
inside a treat waited
a holy card, picture, a few chocolate coins & a letter
But before anything was opened,
Carolina and Sophia helped make
German Hot Chocolate
Sophia as our taste tester, approved of the taste...
it was good!
We enjoyed our breakfast and hot chocolate
then moved on to the treats.
The kids looked at their new book
then opened a small gift

and finally
read their letters
They were smiling by the end of their letter, it was a near prefect morning
;-)
God, we pray that through the
intercessions of St. Nicholas
you will guide and protect our children.
Keep them safe from all harm
and help them grow to become
loving disciples of Jesus in your sight.
Give them strength to always mature
into deeper faith in you,
and to keep alive joy in your creation.
Through Jesus Christ Our Lord. Amen.
Saint Nicholas, Pray for Us!


You obviously made the Feast of St. Nicholas special and memorable for your children! God Bless!
ReplyDeleteHugs and prayers to you! We ALL have those difficult days-- know you are not alone! Thank you for sharing your lovely celebration--visiting from the Catholic Cuisine link up.
ReplyDelete