A tale in pictures
The Lineman had been searching the web for weeks. He looked for breeders, prices, and pictures... he was on a search for a puppy.
A PUPPY!
Oh yes...
We had gone back and forth on this, truthfully a four legged addition to the family wasn't exactly a venture I wanted to undertake.
But The Lineman did.
He is dog kinda guy and I knew that having new dog (we had a lab mix many years ago) would be in our future at some point.
Anyways, last week The Lineman found this little guy. Again we went back and forth.
Was the timing right? Would the kids help? Would I go mad?
It's a big responsiblity to get a pup.
So Christmas Eve, Hubby took a loooonnng drive. With the kids and his mom in tow, I stayed behind to get Christmas eve dinner ready, they went to check out the pup. Notice the key words 'check out'.
By the time the prime rib was out of the oven; my SIL arrived with her family, my FIL arrived and The Lineman entered the house with
our new pup.
Meet Obi
(his real name;-))
Christmas Eve was pretty fabulous after that grand entrance.
12 children + 1 pup = FUN
There was an absolutely yummy prime rib dinner, my first attempt mind you (at the prime rib). There was the Christmas concert before the midnight Mass; Lucy and her cousins were a part of the choir. There was of course the midnight Mass,
which was beautiful and wonderful!
By 1:30 am I was plum tired
and so was The Lineman
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)