O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Saturday, November 19, 2011

{Pretty, happy, funny, real}

This was one of "those" weeks that flew by.  It was busy, yes.  But each day there were moments to savor.  This {phfr} post is about one of those moments


{Pretty}
A trip to the Getty
Among the paintings, the gardens and art we think this little gal is the prettiest thing to look at.

{Happy}
Two kinds of happiness of love to see
1. From children who spend time with their father and giggle among the gardens.
2.  From a mother who gets to see her long distance son again.
Her smile behind that sign must have been huge!

{Funny}
Here is a story:
We started off Thursday morning making posters for my London Brother's arrival.  I had thought his flight was arriving at 1:00, we thought we had plenty of time.
I check the status of his flight at 11:45 and see that the flight is early...early!  Yes, and hour early. 
We run to get into the van.  It'll take at least 40 minutes to get there.
We speed drive as fast and as safely as we can to the airport.
We arrive and park.
We run into the terminal, waving posters, looking for a brother who must be wondering where his welcoming committee is...
This is the picture showing our confused faces as we realize
we are A FULL 2 HOURS early and not late.
I'm behind the camera...
laughing
laughing
laughing.
It really was funny!

(I had accidently looked at the wrong fly in date and my military time know-how...needs work, oop's)

{Real}
A brother's visit home for Thanksgiving from across the Atlantic is worth the wait!

Pay a visit to Like Mother, Like Daughter and encourage each other in finding contentment throughout their day.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you with your dear brother!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That flight time mistake is something I would absolutely do! I make my husband double-check my info, I'm so bad. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady