I am listening too...some conservative radio talk show...it's all about budget, debt, budget and debts...I think I'll be hitting the mute button soon. I can only bare to hear the woes of the government for so long. Mute is ON and now I can hear my kids praying the Hail Mary outside...I wonder why but how cool!
I am wearing...blue workout pants, a green t-shirt and by trusty chanclas (flip flops).
I am thinking...about so so many things.
~ Worrying over Princess's rash that has turned out to be a contagious virus. She's been around lots and lots of children lately :-( and I'm thinking about how many children could have been infected.
~ About Lucy at camp. This is our yearly Big Bear week along with many great families. Our girls have attended a "Girls Camp" with the Sacred Heart Sisters in Big Bear for several years now. The rest of the families take the opportunity of being up in BB to stay the week and hang out. It's a period of time that we all look forward to. But because of the previous comment we had to cancel.
~ Thinking that I really need to get to that garage!
I am hoping...that we hear some good news today. That Lucy is having a wonderful time among the pines and friends. That a sweet little girl didn't catch my Princess's bumps.
UPDATE:::
By the grace of God the cancer has reduced enough to allow my FIL time to recover from the chemo AND do some traveling. Something he has wanted to do since before his dx. His numbers are all way down and the tumors have reduced significantly!! We are all very grateful that his time with us has been extended. And pray that God will continue to heal him and that we all continue to accept His will.
I am praying...for my FIL. He is getting his test results from last week's CAT Scan. Please God shrink those tumors and give us strength to accept your will.
For many babies that will be making their grand 'entrance' very soon.
For Lucy and her cousins at camp.
For healing of families and hearts.
For two very special people that are always in my prayers and daily thoughts!
I am grateful...for the sweet smiles of a little red head and her huggy nature! For my husband who risks his life everyday at work to keep me home with our babies. For friends and their kindness.
From the kitchen...it's ground beef and spaghetti tonight. My mom's recipe. Simple and good.
From the school room...the new veggies sprouting up and the worm box are keeping Max quite busy. He's constantly outside looking under leaves and rocks.
The home school conferences are over, our school room is a wreck and my email inbox comprises mostly of CathSwap updates. Since I'm home this week, my goal is to organize that area and get a clearer view of what our next school year is going to look like.
Presently the ideas are still in my head. I have science, math, and history down. I just need to put some order into it.
Can you believe I have a 9th grader now!!! YIKES!!!!
Living the Liturgical Year at Home... we've done a poor job of keeping up with most of the liturgical learning moments lately. I had wanted to run a small group of Little Flowers for the summer but it just hasn't been possible. Perhaps I can find some time to work out a mini version of it this week.
In the garden... lots of goodies are beginning to pop out of the blossoms. We have tomatoes, watermelon, pumpkins (from the seeds of last years crop), butternut squash, eggplants, lettuce, onions, chilies...yum yum.
I am creating... reading lists, landscaping plans for a new sitting area, and an itinerary for a BIG trip that hubby and I are taking in September.
Around the house... the proof of decluttering and it's NOT pretty. But my kitchen cupboards are happy.
I am reading... A Wind in the Door (Madeleine L'Engle's Time Quintet) and books on organizing, decorating for less and CHC's High School of Your Dreams
I am pondering the words... from this post and Fr. S homily from this past Sunday.
Plans for this week...
- a few doctor appointments for 3 kids
- new washer and dryer are being delivered on Tuesday...thus the cleaning out of the garage. No more Laundromats for me...Yippee.
- talking to my London bro about our trip
- music camp for two kids
- our parish's Dinner-Dance gala on Saturday with some friends
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)