Once a month a group of young teens meet at my home for a 'book club'. The kids choose the books for the group to read and our gatherings usually involve food, drinks and LOTS of chatting. Just think of what a cluster of 13-16 year old kids sound like.
It's just amazing how much this age group eats...
and since most of didn't see each other for Pentecost Sunday
I thought I'd add a little bit of the Holy Spirit
Tongues of Fire Cupcakes
idea from Kelly @ Catholic Cuisine
now to the book
This month's book "The Phantom Tollbooth"
was whimsical, fun to read and sparked an evening of word plays among the kids.
The suggested grade level for the book is 5-6th grade
but
I think, and the kids agreed, that this little book is suited for
all ages.
It's a book of philosophy, using creative words to make many intelligent points.
The kids all agreed that they would rather stay focused than end up in 'Doldrum'
and
going beyond the 'Land of Expectations'
was sometimes harder for adults to do than them.
I'd have to agree.
Next month's book takes us in a whole other genre
Happy reading
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)