O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Friday, June 24, 2011

baby showers....

... and blankets

not only are the blogs blessed with many new babies and lots of preggie mommas,

but within my own cicle of close family and friends this is going to be a summer of baby showers.  I think I've been to 4 in the last 3 weeks.

For two new mommies I opted to bring out the sewing machine for some blankets and burp clothes.


Lucy is holding one of the completed ones. 


I chose a jungle theme for one special friend.  This will be her first child and I can tell you both daddy and momma are SO excited to meet their baby boy.


The blankets ends up being much larger than what you would find in the retail stores.  Which is why I like to make them.  The burp cloth pictured to the right is double sided; using the same giraffe print as the blanket but he back side is this wonderfully soft brown fabric.  It'll be prefect for the spills and such that come along with a new babe.


The next blanket is in this cute elephant print, and that blue fabric I chose for the other side complements the printed piece beautifully.

The choo-choo train burp cloth is for a cousin's baby shower this Saturday...her blanket is also very cute, though not pictured.
Little owls and sweet peas were my 'inspiration' for her.

Okay now I'm off to do some much needed cleaning and prepping for tomorrow Catholic Homeschool Conference
and more sewing!

1 comment:

  1. I love the patterns you chose. and the colors ! my mother in law made blankets for my daughter and they are, by far, the favored ones! larger than the store-bought kind, and made with love. Your friends/cousin will love those I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady