I thought I'd post the pictures of Rose's birthday from...oh a month ago! I just never got around to posting them.
Our Rose is a connoisseur of cupcakes. She enjoys making them, decorating them and of course eating them. So when I asked her what theme she wanted for her birthday she made a very obvious choice.
Cupcake Wars
The idea was pretty simple. Each older member of the family was to make their own set of cupcakes. The guest at the party were then to taste/judge each cupcake and Rose would be the announcer to which baker made the best tasting cupcake.
~ menu ~
by me
Dark chocolate cupcake with a peanut butter frosting
by Lucy
Vanilla & mango cupcake with a mango glaze
by Max
Simply white cake with a cream cheese frosting
The guest arrived for an early dinner and then we were off for a quick t-ball game with Rose
If memory serves me, I think they won.
We all had such a great surprise with the unexpected visit from my sister and sister-in-law. They drove 3 hours to celebrate Rose's birthday. It was a huge, happy, shock to see them walk through the doors.
Just awesome!!!
Our nephew, little D, with Princess
We were filled with sweets, grub and drinks by the end of the night...Papi ended up bringing out his disco lights from back in the day...yikes!
Oh and the winner of the cupcake war....
Max!
(I won't even write what he used for the cupcake...but it was in a square shape)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)