O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Schultutes:

Last year was our first try at making German's tradition of Schultuets.  Kids loved them so we most definitely redid the Schultutes for this year's first day of school. I thought I had pictures of last year's but I couldn't find them....hhhmm?

If you haven't done them here are a few sites with a "how to" for making some of your own:
Here's one version
Barbara's version

Once again, the camera has been misplaced...so no picture of these.  But, this is what I put into my version of Schultuets:

~ a fancy new pencil for all to use for new stories and explorations on paper
~ a big eraser to undo their coming mistakes
~ a cute notepad or note cards for any impulses they may have to write a quick note to the teacher...expressing their complete joy of our homeschooling experience.  And to thank me for the hours of work I put into each day....Hey, I can hope right?
~ a new ruler to guide those straight lines
~ and a note from their parents, their teachers, wishing them a wonder new year of possibilities

Just love these things!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady