O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Novena to St. Therese of Lisieux the Little Flower

St. Therese of Lisieux marked her life without the intentions of fame or notoriety.  She instead lived out her life in simple terms set by her complete devotion to God.  It was love, pure and deep, that led her to the Carmelites so that she may lead a humble life of prayer.  And it was the love to serve others, love of prayer, and the love of the mercy God has for each of us that led St. Therese to us. 
"My mission-to make God loved-will begin after my death. I will spend my heaven doing good on earth. I will send a shower of roses."~ St. Thérèse

Which is exactly what she did.  There are stories of roses appearing after her intersessions are requested.  I have had one example of her roses and I was humbled beyond description.  She is our aide and our example.

October 1st (and October 3rd in the traditional calendar) is her feast day.  And today marks the start for several novenas to St. Therese.  Our family is praying

The Twenty-four 'Glory Be's Novena to St. Therese

The Glory Be is said 24 times each day for nine days, in thanksgiving for all the blessings and favours given to Saint Therese of the Child Jesus during the 24 years of her life. Start the novena each day with this prayer:


“Holy Trinity, God the Father, God the Son, and God, the Holy Spirit, I thank You for all the blessings and favours You have showered upon the soul of Your servant Therese of the Child Jesus, during the 24 years she spent here on earth, and in consideration of the merits of this, Your most beloved Saint, I beseech You to grant me this favour, if it is in accordance with Your most Holy Will and is not an obstacle to my salvation.”
After this prayer, follow with the 24 Glory Be’s, between each of which should be included this short prayer”


“Saint Therese of the Child Jesus, pray for us.”


Which ever novena (or what ever you do) I hope your time spent in prayer is blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady