Littlest Flowers
2009-2010
This year our Little Flower group opted to split the girls up a bit more. This gave the older girls and opportunity to be there own group where they can dig deeper into the virtues and explore their faith in a more age appropriate level. And since we had 8 new girls coming into the group we had to add a wreath I. This group is now being led by yours truly and my friend V.
Now because these new girls are 5-6 year olds V had an idea to morf the wreath I a bit to suit the age group. We mixed the saints a bit and used simple biographies for their history. In addition to our own little crafts each group, wreath I, wreath II young ones and wreath II older, will host the tea craft for our LF Tea Party at the end of the year. There are lots of wonderful ideas and I'm really looking forward to this year. Lot's of work ahead of us but, I hope that the girls will enjoy it.
Resources & credit:
- Ecce Homo Press for materials, monthly newsletter, and girl's own montly newsletter
- Sacred Heart Books
- Little Flowers Girls Club blog
- Little Flowers Yahoo Group
- Shower of Roses
This is what we hope our year will look like:
~ September ~
virtue: Love of God
Saint: St. Therese
Craft: sacrafice beads
- reading to them about St. Therese using the Treasure Box series
- discussing her love of God
- Made hand prints onto a table cloth that will be used during our meetings Mary will be placed in the center surrounded by little hands
- we added a few quotes in the center of the table cloth
~ October ~
Virtue: Obedience
Saint: Mary (as a child)
Craft: making a rosary
Tea Craft: braided napkin ring
added activity: sashing ceremony
- since we had so many girls missing at the first meeting, mine included, we opted to do the sashing ceremony this month. It was lovely and we followed the examples from the ceremony and prayer handbook
- there was the reading of Mary as a child
- discusion of the virtue. I used the Leading Little Ones to Mary book to talk to the girls about obedience and how this is pleasing to God when we obey. It was very sweet to have them want to be just like Mary.
- Our craft was a pre-prepared beaded rosary kit. There was more preparing than I thought there would be but, it turned out ok and the girls really liked beading their own rosaries.
- We closed with the sashing ceremony and each girl then presented Mary with a carnation and a decade of the rosary.
Even with a fussy baby and a distracted 3 year old in the mix the meeting went very well. Hopefully, I can get some pictures to post soon. The rest of the year will be posted monthly. Not a promise to do so since I don't post all the time. But, I'll do the best I can to keep up.
Viture: Truthfulness
Saint: St. Bernadette
Craft: grotto
Tea Craft: Mosaic Flower Pots
~ December ~
Virtue: Hope
Saint: St. Imelda
Craft: hope chest
Ivy
Snack: heart shaped brownie?
~ January ~
Virtue: Love of Neighbor
Saint: St. Rosa of Lima
Craft: Bird house
Peony
Snack:
~ February ~
Virtue: Faith
Saint: St. Agnes (introducing Nellie)
Craft: Sunflower Faith Magnet
Tea Craft: tea placecards
Sunflower
Snack: sunflower decorated cupcakes
Virtue: Piety
Saint: St. Jacinta
Craft: sacred heart prayer pocket
Forget me not
(Lent)
Sanck: fruit kabobs or rainbow decorated cupcakes
Virtue: Industry
Saint: Blessed Kateri
Craft: make up crafts for tea
Daffodil
Snacks: daffodil cupcakes
Virtue: Humility
Saint: St. Anne of Guigue
Craft: bookmarker/ spiritual bouquet
Violet
Snack: mini violet cupcakes

No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)