O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Wednesday, October 2, 2013

{PHFR} A Mix Bag of Moments




~ Capturing the context of contentment in everyday life ~ 
Every Thursday, over at Like Mother, Like Daughter!
{click HERE for more}





{Pretty}
 
Pretty Momma at a quick visit to San Francisco 
Pretty background with...
 
Prettier daughters enjoying this treat around the bay on the ship boat.   
  
Funny thing happens when you spend the afternoon calling the vessel you are on a 'ship'; then have the young fold correct you each and EVERY time.  As I remember the comments were, "No Tia-Momma, it's a boat!" 

{Happy}
Max turned 12 last week.  
12!
He's almost a teenager; that'll make 2 teenagers under our roof. 
 Goodness me.
Birthdays are celebrated with the usual cake and family dinner, but the celebrant is also gifted with a day free of ALL CHORES.
Max was stoked when he was met outside and told to take the day off.
His sisters were not as happy.
They picked up the slack LOL

{Funny}
My goofy Rose was in classic form during our boat trip.  I was lucky to get the few good shots of her without some kind face or gesture.  Something about the sea air really got to her, she zoomed from one side of the boat to another.  Zip-zap! She would be next to me one second then off to the other side the next.  It was about chasing birds, not missing the scenery, and keeping her balance on the rocking water.
My sister had a bit more trouble keeping her feet from sliding around while chasing our nephew around.

{Real}

A 'real' Hobbiton style birthday party for my sweet boy.
More on his party here























... and a couple of REALly nice shots for us too 


Capture your moments
they go so fast...

4 comments:

  1. I love that cake! So creative and so well executed. What kind of cake pan/cake did you use for the house?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that cake! Great idea to give them the day off from chores on their birthday. I may have to use that one around here.
    Big Family Small Farm—PHFR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello ladies,

    Thank you for the nice comments regarding the cake. It was a fun birthday to plan and bake for :-)

    I used a wilton round cake, the 9' I believe and the smaller round pan. Sorry I can't remember the size of it. I later had an idea that a sheet cake would have been great for the base, but that's A LOT of cake.

    God Bless,
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady