O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Sunday, August 11, 2013

Mailboxes and a prayer

In tribute to my hubby, 
The Lineman


This isn't our mailbox though, this one belongs to The Lineman's friend...
He kindly shared it with me for this post.  I thought it was a pretty unique way of showing the lineman pride.  Nothing I would really want in my front yard, but hey I get why the guys from the department like it.

Tomorrow, my hubby is going under the knife; surgery on his right shoulder for a rotator cuff tear.  He's nervous, I'm nervous
we are ALL nervous around here.

Any prayers out his way would be greatly appreciated.

3 comments:

  1. You know I"m going to be singing this song all day:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YqME4QuG_E


    Being married to a lineman, I'm sure you know it!

    I LOVE your hubs friends mailbox! How fun! We drove to Fargo on Friday (about 3 hours from us) and on the way they were taking out all the old wood poles and adding these giant metal ones, huge project.

    I will be praying for your husband, and all of you for tomorrow. How long is his recovery?

    Thanks so much for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stopped by from Jamie's blog...I love, love, love that mail box! How cool/funny/and unique! You have to tell your neighbor that the gals love it! (Or at least this one does!)

    I'll remember your husband in my prayers today. My nephew is having cleft palate surgery today (as I am writing this) so I hear ya! Surgery sucks and yet we need it sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the prayers Jamie and Becky. We sang Witchita Lineman most of that morning Jamie. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady