--1--
Fourth of July! It was hot dogs, kids, pool, carne asada, and some kind of vodka-lemonade beverage that the kiddos kept getting shooed away from; poor little things. The day could not have been better. My mama was in town along with two of the five siblings; plus their families. A couple of my cousins even made it out here to our home. It was to be a day by the pool and then a quick drive to the park. Our city has one of the best firework displays around. A free show at the end of an all day event of fry bread and games. A real American kind of day at the park. Did I mention that it's also FREE! Sadly, this year the show ended quite badly. Instead of this...
We got this...
People were hurt. It wasn't fun or funny.
--2--
Did you hear about this one, "Priest's plea to adopt baby with Down Syndrome slated for abortion"? It first came to us via an email from a local friend. Then, I hear Huge Hewitt talking about this precious baby, still within the comfort and safety of his mother's womb, asking for help. They needed an adoptive family; someone who would raise and love this child. Since then the story has been picked up by the oddest of networks; ABC, The Huffington Post! Crazy! I like the news bit from LifeSiteNews.com. I'm just partial to them and their real news on life issues. But, that's just me ;-)
--3--
The mother-social worker in me began to think about all those beautiful creations that God made. Specifically those babies with Down Syndrome; the many that aren't given the chance to change hearts .In my probing I heard a man talk about The National Down Syndrome Adoption Network. Take a click over there and check them out.
--4--
In a few days I'll be saying a short goodbye to one of my babies {sigh}! Rose is off to the Sacred Heart Girls Camp, hosted by the Sister of the Society Devoted to the Sacred Heart. Lucy has been attending this week long camp since she was 8. Now, Rose finally gets to join her; along with quite a few friends and family too. The Sisters have a wonderful week with the girls. I've personally seen amazing changes and gifts of grace upon some of these girls. To be 8, among the pines of the mountains, surrounded by friends, the Sisters, and Christ!
--5--
Computer time! Alright, I know that I'm not the only one that sits for too long in front of this screen. I have a 20 minute limit on the blog time; though lately I'm lucky if I get 5 minutes. If in 20 minutes I have a blank screen or my fingers go elsewhere on the net; the time is up. Frankily, my brain is dry. All I can think about is 'the yard', the laundry, that book I'm trying to finish, etc etc. My real issue with computer time has more to do with us as a family. Elizabeth Foss wrote a nice little bit on it here and called it "Screen Rules". My kids are still off cell phones, facebook, & twitter but the screen rules still apply. It sparked some good discussion between the oldest kids and I.
--6--
Speaking of my fingers going around the web. I blame my lack of blogging to these sites.
Yes, I go visit there and then my time is up. So, it's their fault for being so darn cute and lovely to read...
--7--
Yes! We are confirmed for surgery!! But, as it is with 'government agencies' we do NOT have a date. UGH!!
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


.jpg)


No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)