Awesome news!
Just fabulous!!
Homeschoolers, there is a GIFT for U!!
Many moons ago a great friend of ours began to venture into the teaching and writing world of science. She had always been a scientist at heart;
her mind just worked in the way of botany, biology, and organisms.
This friend had an idea; that idea has been gifted to the home educating world.
Discovering Intelligent Design
by
Gary Kemper, Hallie Kemper and Casey Luskin
available here
Yes this is a TOTAL PLUG, absoluetely!
Why?
Because, I took her course, I was one of many guinea piggies homeschooling parents that was asked to teach and study this book, and finally because this is a factual, evidence packed, science book that has inspired our kids to ask real questions about the science behind Darwin, evolution, and through investigation come to their own conclusions, that "life is complicated".
Our kids took this course in the 8th and 9th grades. Which was, I think, a great starter point before they hit biology and chemistry classes. They are there now and I can tell you by my own Lucy's experience, this book and course totally prepared her for those heavier classes.
"Discovering Intelligent Design is a comprehensive curriculum that presents both the biological and cosmological evidence in support of the theory of intelligent design. It equips young people and adults to critically analyze the arguments in the debate over evolution and intelligent design, and it encourages them to follow the evidence wherever it may lead."
From chapter 10
"... the biggest head-scratcher in evolutionary biology would have to be the origin of the holometabolous insect larva"
Why? There is such a large jump in complexity for an organism to survive and complete metamorphosis that the theories explained in Darwinian evolution just don't cut it. The book explains whys in laymen terms.
By the way,
There is also a workbook!
Also available here
*DISCLAIMER::
Yes, I personally know two of the authors. Though, I was gifted the textbook and workbook I am not affiliated with the publishers and am NOT getting a single cent from this plug.
Honest!


No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)