Thank God for the endless recipes on the net and the blogs I've found with tons of recipes for slow cooked meals.
I find the recipes, try them and then the family gives me their thumbs up of approval or down for "dump that recipe, Mom." So, I decided that I wanted to keep track of the approved recipes here on the blog. That way, even if I'm out and about, I can take a quick look at the meals we've enjoyed; and get the supplies before our crazy Thursdays ready.
Introducing the first winner:
Crock Pot Chicken Piccata
One of The Lineman's favorite meals
(adapted in tiny bit from A Girls Gotta Nest, my adaptations are in blue and noted)
I doubled the recipes using 8 pieces of chicken breast
4 skinless boneless chicken breast
olive oilflour
ground pepper
garlic powder
(I only used the fresh garlic the bits of it on the chicken were great)
zest of one lemon
2 tbs. butter
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/2 c. white wine
(I used a very nice dry Chardonnay. At bit for the chicken and the rest saved for dinner)
1/2 c. chicken stock
2 cloves chopped garlic
1/4 heaping c. capers
1 c. fresh mushrooms (or artichoke hearts)
1/2 c. fresh diced cherry tomatoes (or canned diced tomatoes, if the canned are used try the seasoned garlic and olive oil)
1. Combine flour, ground pepper, garlic powder and zest of one lemon in shallow dish.
2. Pound out chicken about 1/4 inch thick dredge in flour mixture and brown both sides of chicken in olive oil. (Careful not to allow the garlic bits to burn if you use fresh garlic here)
3. Add chicken to crock pot, adding the remaining ingredients on top of it.
(Take a picture, just kidding; but it does look very pretty)
Cook on high 4-6 hours or low at 6-8 hours, or until chicken is tender depends on your crock pot. I served it over garlic mashed/creamy potatoes (we like our garlic here) but, it can be served with pasta, rice, or just a simple salad. Enjoy! (Thanks to Tami for sharing the recipe) I'll update with some picture later. Now, I'm off to continue with cleaning and getting ready for the Triduum!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)