O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 2

I thought I'd pop in for a pep talk.  I really need one. 

As I mentioned on Monday or Tuesday, The Lineman and I planned on cleaning out and CLEARING out  our garage.  We are in the middle of some major work and It's been both humbling and embarrassing to say the least; we just have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF!

A lot of what we found were clothes I was saving for the next child.  We have two huge bins of pictures, a bin for books, too many bins of paper work and several bins of felt and fabric.  And this is just MY stuff, I  I was pretty overwhelmed over the amount of it.  Think of a 8ft x 15ft wall of boxes looming over you.  We knew that we couldn't put that beast back in our home.  The Lineman and I just repeated that over and over. 

Now, day 2!

The last few hours were spent going through just the clothes and party stuff I have. So far I have 4 large bags of clothes to give away and boxes upon boxes of other items; including books and curriculum. We are on a roll.

But the evidence of our lack of getting rid of stuff has really made me think. 

I know people who are very good at keeping their home clutter free. They are great at decluttering and keeping only the minimal of what they need. I think I'm just not one of those people. Sorry, I really try to be. Every season of Lent I declutter. Every 3-5 months I go through my children's clothes. Yet, the stuff builds up.  Honestly I know and love the concept of simple-clutter free living. I've seen it! Just not always in my home ;-).

I know my weaknesses though. Now the thing for me to build on is strength, maintenance and saying NO. The garage is our last frontier of the clutter monster.  We are armed with bags and will! 

Be gone clutter!  Be gone!!!

Whew!  Now, back to the beast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady