O Lord and Master of my life! Take from me the spirit of sloth, faint-heartedness, lust of power, and idle talk. But give rather the spirit of chastity, humility, patience, and love to thy servant. Yea, O Lord and King! Grant me to see my own errors and not to judge my brother; For Thou art blessed unto ages of ages.



Amen



Tuesday, October 25, 2011

In remembrance of my father

How lucky I feel today to know the love of a father that was only given a short time with us.  We grew up knowing him and loving him through the stories of the many that adored him.  I've heard many times that he was filled with life.

A joker. 
A great friend. 
A lovely man.

His sudden death was a great lost to us.  For our mother who lost "the love of her life".  And us, his children who missed the opportunity to know him here on earth.  I still remember the hurt and cries that seemed to last forever.  It's a bit of my own innocence that was lost along with him.  I'm sure my siblings feel the same.

But I rejoice with the hope to be with him once more.  It's was makes me so grateful to our faith and in knowing the promises of Christ. 

I don't mourn my Papi with pure sadness.  There is joy in my memories.  And lots of little stories.  I remember hugs and kisses.  I can see his smiling face and the sparkles in his eyes.  Those are good to have.

Agimus tibi gratias, omnipotens Deus, pro universis beneficiis tuis, qui vivis et regnas in saecula saeculorum. Fidelium animae, per misericordiam Dei, requiescant in pace. Amen

(We give Thee thanks for all Thy benefits, O Almighty God, Who livest and reignest forever. And may the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen)


St. Teresa of Avila Pray for him,
St. Joseph Pray for him,
Lord Hear Our Prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kind remarks are always appreciated :-)

Translate


CurrClick

CurrClick
Educational Resources

Our Lady

Our Lady